- Full Name: Jennifer Shrader Lawrence (III)
- Born: August 15, 1990 (1990-08-15)
- Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky, USA
- Family: Gary Lawrence (Father) Karen Lawrence (Mother) Ben Lawrence (Brother) Blaine Lawrence (Brother)
- Production & Management Company: Anonymous Content
- Repped by: CAA and attorney Steve Warren
The History of Jennifer Lawrence
Jennifer Lawrence grew up in the suburbs of Louisville, but since her family owned a farm she had the best of both worlds. Her family operated a childrens camp that she regularly helped at. She participated in many different school activities like cheerleading, sports, and more.
So how did Jennifer Lawrence, a young aspiring actress start a career in the busy acting world? Well, Jennifer threw her foot in the door by chance by vacationing in New York City and getting her photo taken on the street. The next day they called her in for an audition for a Reese’s Peanut Butter Puff commercial. The agents didn’t give her the part but they were so impressed with her acting abilities that they signed her on the spot. Her first gig ended up being for MTV (My Super Sweet 16), shortly after that she landed commercials for Burger King and Verizon Wireless and others.
Jennifer Lawrence started her acting career in 2006 with the made for TV movie Company Town. After a few other TV show and movie appearances (Cold Case, Medium & Monk, Not Another High School Show) Jennifer Lawrence finally landed her big break with the TV series The Bill Engvall Show. She continued playing as Lauren Pearson on The Bill Engvall Show for three seasons (2007-2009). Jennifer Lawrence won a Young Artist Award for her acting on The Bill Engvall Show.
Television was not enough for Jennifer Lawrence however, she rapidly moved on to THE BIG SCREEN. Since then we have had the pleasure of seeing her perform in several movies, some of which she has even starred as the main role!
In 2009 Jennifer Lawrence played a small role as Young Zoe in the movie Devil You Know. This movie has yet to be released. I personally emailed the producer and he has hopes that it will be picked up at some point.
2010 was the year that Jennifer Lawrence became a household name. It was a busy year for Jennifer Lawrence as she starred in the lead role (Ree Dolly) in Debra Granik’s Winter’s Bone. The film screened at the Sundance Film Festival in 2010 as a 17 year old girl in the rural Ozarks caring for her mentally-ill mother and her younger brother and sister when she discovers that her father put their house and land up as a bond for a court appearance he failed to appear at. Winter’s Bone won both the Grand Jury Prize: Dramatic Film award at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival and the Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award. Jennifer Lawrence was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in Winter’s Bone. Sadly the award went to Natalie Portman but I’m sure she will be nominated many more times with her tremendous acting talent.
Jennifer Lawrence has continued her great career by starring in her first sci-fi movie X-Men: First Class. Lawrence performs as Mystique. a shapeshifter who can mimic other people, though she cannot replicate superpowers. Jennifer co-starred next to James McAvoy (Professor Charles Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), Nicholas Hoult, Alice Eve, and Caleb Landry Jones among others. Jennifer Lawrence also played as Porter’s girlfriend in The Beaver, a dark comedy based on an original script by neophyte screenwriter Kyle Killen. The film is directed by Jodie Foster and stars Mel Gibson, Anton Yelchin, and Foster. The Beaver follows a depressed CEO of a toy company (Mel Gibson) who dons a beaver handpuppet to better communicate with his wife (Jodie Foster) and his two sons (Anton Yelchin, Riley Thomas Stewart).
The Future of Jennifer Lawrence
But neither of these movies compare to the role Jennifer Lawrence landed in the beginning of 2011, The Hunger Games. Some call it “The next Twilight“, others hope it isn’t made into a trilogy as badly as Twilight was. Regardless to say this is what all of Jennifer Lawrence’s fans are currently looking forward to.
Jennifer Lawrence has been cast alongside Max Thieriot (Jumper) in Mark Tonderai’s horror film House at the End of the Street. Lawrence will play a teenage girl who moves to a new neighborhood and discovers that a double murder occurred in the house across the street. The girl befriends the crime’s only survivor, played by Theriot. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film “is looking to be to Psycho what Disturbia was to Rear Window.” Aaron Ryder, Peter Block, and Tim Williams are producing, along with Hal Lieberman and Jonathan Mostow. David Loucka wrote the script based on a story by Mostow. Production on House at the End of the Street is set to begin this July in Ottawa.
- “As a kid I never did drugs because I was thinking about the future. I sound like an old person, but when I saw kids making dumb decisions, I would think, What’s your future going to end up being?” – Jennifer Lawrence
- So far Jennifer Lawrence has won 3 awards directly, while movies and television series she acted in has won 3 awards, thats a total of 6 awards due to her tremendous acting talent.
- In between acting jobs, Jennifer went on a missionary trip to the Dominican Republic and worked as an assistant nurse at a summer camp.
- Jennifer Lawrence Is an avid reader.
- She is featured in the music video for the song The Mess I Made, by the band Parachute from their album Losing Sleep.
- The only girl to be born on the Lawrence side of the family in fifty years
- Jennifer Lawrence refuses to have a facebook account, and a twitter account is in her words, “out of the question,”
If you know of any details that we are missing and would like to have it added please email me.